Our History: Surrounding Buildings

The current Parish Hall was built in 1964 in celebration of St. Michaelís 250th anniversary. It was designed by architect Nelson Aldrich and replaced a smaller 1893 structure that stood on Pleasant Street, where the playground is today. The Davenport House at 20 Pleasant Street was bought in 1950 and restored to house the overflowing Sunday School programs and activities of various parish groups. Today, the Thrift Shop operates on the first floor while the Church School uses the second. The Rectory on Summer Street was obtained in 1874 and given to the Church by two sisters, Eunice and Mary Hooper.



The Davenport House, home to the Thrift Shop and Church School

Learn more about St. Michaelís history:

Surrounding Buildings
A Revere Bell
St. Michael’s Church Architecture and Chronology
Music
Stained Glass Windows
Archives and Preservation
St. Michael’s Crypt & Churchyard
Women at St. Michael’s
Partial List of Treasures
St. Michael’s Rectors
Histories of St. Michael’s Available Online

back to Our History page

last update 02/15/2014